Anson Takes Top Scholarship at Annual Conference
A highlight of this year’s Annual Conference was the announcement of our 2020 Leadership TMCN Scholarships.
- Our First Place $2,000 Scholarship Award went to Team Anson: Marissa Flores, Roy Soliz and Mentor Amy McIntire for their project, Bags of Love. This project raised funds to fill duffle bags full of essential and care items – such as stuffed animals, fleece blankets, coloring books and toothpaste – to children in foster care throughout Jones County.
- Our Second Place $1,500 Scholarship Award went to Team Stamford: Luke Thane and Mentor Luci Wedeking for his project, Wendenborn Park. Working with the Stamford City Council, Stamford Chamber of Commerce and numerous volunteers, Luke was able to secure much needed improvements to the pool, restrooms and and surrounding park area. This project led to improvements at other city parks and the establishment of the Mayoral Parks Committee of which Luke is a member.
- Our Third Place $1,250 Scholarship Award when to Team Early: Ty McConn, Jax Managan and Mentors Denise Hudson and Larry McConn for their project RAMPS: Recreation and Activity Through Mental and Physical Sports. This project raised funds and developed the plan to create opportunities and healthy recreation for all and to give children from all walks of life a dream. Planned amenities include a Yalp Suto soccer wall, memorial benches and sail shade, giant outdoor games, and a locally made ping-pong table.
We would also like to recognize the three additional teams who participated in this year’s Program and whose projects greatly impacted their respective communities:
- Team Breckenridge: Thomas Hamilton, Kayla Wood, Caroline Turner and Mentors Jason Reeves and Lisa Echols for their project South Park
- Team Coleman: Hannah Rose, Jenifer Garza and Mentor Kim Little for their project HomeworkU
- Team Haskell: Addisyn Decker and Mentor Christina Isbell for her project Blessing Box.
We would like to thank TMCN Marketing Partner Jacob|Martin for hosting this year’s class and facilitators Mike Daggs and Kevin Tutt with Tutt & Daggs for leading and inspiring our future leaders to make a difference in their communities!